Advanced Vision Therapy
Call Today: (717) 687-8228
Our duty is to our patients, young and old. We promise state-of-the-art individualized therapy by professionally trained therapists. We promise this by maintaining an open door policy. We will work hard to communicate, every step of the way, with our patients and/or their parents. We promise to deliver the most up-to-date care in the treatment of vision, vision related learning disabilities, Sports Vision Training and neurological vision rehabilitation after trauma or injury, while providing one-on-one treatment to our patients in Lancaster and Central Pennsylvania. Our pledge is to always work hand-in-hand with your physician/therapy team to ensure the best possible outcome.
Watch the Vision and Learning PSA
Very Interesting Vision Facts
- An estimated 10 million children in the United States suffer from problems with their vision, ranging from simple nearsightedness to more complex problems like Oculormotor dysfunction.
- Vision occurs in the Brain, not the eyes! Eyes send electrical impulses to the brain, which is then translated into vision. Dr. Elise Brisco (The Doctors)
- You are not born with the ability to see, it is learned, stimulated and trained. Dr. Elise Brisco (The Doctors)
- A person can have 20/20 eyesight, and yet have a visual problem which does not allow them to get meaning and understanding from what is seen.
- Vision is learned and continues to develop from birth on into adulthood.
- Vision problems can profoundly affect our lives: our ability to perform tasks, our self-esteem, and our interactions with others. 20/20 is only one small piece of the picture.
- Nearsightedness and other visual conditions are often thought of as being hereditary in nature. However, the environment and how we use our eyes has at least equal, if not more influence on the development of vision.
- Visual problems can have a major influence on conditions classified as Learning Disabilities, Dyslexia, and Attention Deficit Disorder.
- Lenses, prisms and vision therapy are effective treatments for strabismus (turned eyes). An evaluation for vision therapy should be done before surgery is considered.
- Vision can often be the basis for poor eye-hand coordination, motion sickness and clumsiness.
- Infants can be fully examined after birth and should be given a comprehensive vision examination by the age of 6 months.
Read more at VisionHelp.com.
Let Us Help Your Child Succeed!
To ensure academic success, vision testing is critical. If a vision issue is detected, it may explain several of the learning disabilities your child may be struggling with. We offer reading support and learning resources necessary for your child's academic success. PSSA scores may be referred to during the assessment and evaluation phase of treatment. We also offer concussion help if your child is displaying concussion symptoms following an injury. Contact us today!
- What is Vision Therapy?270.81 K | 7/9/2015
- Why Vision Therapy?409.03 K | 7/9/2015
Click below to connect with us!!
20/20 is not enough
A person can have 20/20 eyesight, and yet have a visual problem which does not allow them to get meaning and understanding from what is seen.
P.A.V.E. is a non-profit, national organization whose mission is to raise public awareness of the crutial relationship between vision and achievement.
Read how vision therapy has improved life for our patients.
- Why Vision Therapy?